FootGolf Is a unique blend of soccer and golf kicked off in the Netherlands, created a stir worldwide, and has now landed at Tupelo Bay.
It’s played with a soccer ball on a golf course, but with separate greens. The goal? Get the ball in the hole with the fewest strokes (kicks) possible. Think of it as SOCCER GOLF (where golf meets soccer).
FootGolf is played using the basic model of golf, with a tee box, a green, bunkers, hazards, a similar scorecard and 18 holes to play. The main differences are the cups, which are 21 inches in diameter, the ball (a #5 soccer ball), the shorter holes, and the fact that the players kick the ball instead of using clubs. The main goal is simple: kick the ball into the hole with the fewest amount of kicks possible.
Here at Tupelo Bay, the FootGolf course consists 9 holes ranging from 69 to 131 yards and is lighted for night play.
- AFGL rules govern all play except as amended by local rules.
- Playing from golf course putting surfaces (greens) is prohibited. If ball lands on a green, you are entitled to a free drop at the nearest point of relief no closer to the hole. Wear appropriate golf attire.
- Soccer cleats are prohibited. Your ball must be easy to identify. This speeds up play.
- Play your ball in a single movement. Your cannot push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot. Your foot should be set separate from the ball and clearly behind it before you kick.
- Wait for the ball to come to a complete stop before playing again.
- Play the ball where it lies. You cannot move the ball or remove objects. Exception: you may mark the spot and lift the ball when it obstructs another player’s kick.
- If the ball lands in the water, place it within 2 yards from the closest land point from where the ball entered the hazard (a 1 stroke penalty). If you are not able to retrieve your ball from the water, please contact the Clubhouse (843) 215-7888.
- Out of bounds markers are annotated with white stakes along holes 3, 8 and 9. Place ball within 2 yards from where it crossed between the white stakes ( 1 stroke penalty).
- Electric carts are not allowed in sand bunkers or waste areas. Carts must remain on cart paths all around the course.
- Please maintain spacing with group in front of you. A six kick limit exists on each hole. A round should take no more than 1.5 hours.
FootGolf & Disc Golf Rates
*Juniors = 14 and under